Disability Links & Resources
Shop Van Products today. As your trusted, volume dealer, we will NOT be undersold!
Adaptive Driving Alliance | http://adamobility.com/consumers/finance-affordability/manufacturer-rebate-programs
- Automotive manufacturer reimbursement programs where manufacturers provide reimbursement for automotive adaptive equipment when added to a new vehicle that is purchased or leased.
Orthopedic Services | http://www.orthopedicservice.com/
- Home of one of the largest medical equipment showrooms in the Southeast, Orthopedic Service Company offers an impressive inventory of products, from wheelchairs and lift systems to orthopedic supplies, home modifications, and everything in between.
Used Handicap Vans | http://www.usedhandicapvans.com
- Van Products, Used Handicap Vans is a leading supplier of high quality used handicap vans and mobility products. Buy, sell, or trade a used wheelchair van, and discover opportunities for veterans as well as other mobility products and services. Door-to-door delivery, catering to the Southeast United States.
American Disabilities Act (ADA) | http://www.ada.gov/
- Information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act
Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED) | http://www.aded.net/
- Established in 1977 to support professionals working in the field of driver education / driver training and transportation equipment modifications for persons with disabilities through education and information dissemination.
Family Information Network on Disabilities (FIND) | http://fndusa.org/
- FND is a grassroots organization for persons with disabilities and their families that is family-centered and family-driven.
National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) | http://www.nmeda.org/
- Non-profit association of mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers, driver rehabilitation specialists, and other mobility professionals dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities and driving independence through the use of wheelchair accessible vehicles.
Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR) | http://www.parentcenterhub.org/
- Serves as a central resource of information and products to the community of Parent Training Information (PTI) Centers and the Community Parent Resource Centers (CPRCs), so that they can focus their efforts on serving families of children with disabilities.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society | http://www.nationalmssociety.org/
- Helps people affected by MS by funding cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education, and providing programs and services that help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
United Spinal Cord Association | http://www.spinalcord.org/
- Dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of all people living with spinal cord injuries and disease (SCI/D), and providing them and their loved ones, care providers and professionals with needed resources.
Spina Bifida Association (SBA) | http://www.spinabifidaassociation.org/
- Serves adults and children who live with the challenges of Spina Bifida. Since 1973, SBA has been the only national voluntary health agency solely dedicated to enhancing the lives of those with Spina Bifida and those whose lives are touched by this challenging birth defect. Its tools are education, advocacy, research, and service.
Disabled American Veterans | http://www.dav.org/
- Empowering veterans to lead high-quality lives by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America’s injured heroes on Capitol Hill; and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life.
Paralyzed Veterans of America | http://www.pva.org/
- Works to maximize the quality of life for its members and all people with Spinal Cord Injury/Dysfunction (SCI/D) as a leading advocate for health care, SCI/D research and education, veterans’ benefits and rights, accessibility and the removal of architectural barriers, sports programs, and disability rights. *Is the only congressionally chartered veterans organization dedicated solely to serving the needs of SCI/SCD veterans.
US Department of Veterans Affairs | http://www.va.gov/
- Provides health care, educational and vocational assistance, home loans, burial services, and other benefits and services to Veterans and their families.
Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Publications | http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/index.cfm
- Contains information regarding VHA-wide policies, procedures, requirements and other information of general applicability.
*NC Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services | http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dvrs/
- Provides counseling, training, education, transportation, job placement, assistive technology and other support services to people with physical, psychiatric or intellectual disabilities and to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or have other communicative disorders to assist them with living independently and with finding a job and staying on the job.
- **Van Products works closely with all Vocational Rehabilitation offices in our area.
South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department | http://www.scvrd.net/
- Provides an individualized array of services to help South Carolinians with disabilities find employment.
Easter Seals UCP North Carolina & Virginia | http://www.easterseals.com/NCVA/
- Creates opportunities, promotes individual choice, and changes the lives of children and adults with disabilities by maximizing their individual potential to live, learn and work in their communities.
United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) | http://ucp.org/
- Educates, advocates and provides support services to ensure a life without limits for people with a spectrum of disabilities.
ALS Association - Jim "Catfish" Hunter Chapter | http://webnc.alsa.org/
- Founded in 1987 to serve the needs of ALS patients and caregivers in North Carolina.
ALS Association of South Carolina | http://websc.alsa.org/
- Founded in February 2006 to serve the needs of those living with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and their caregivers.